Drug abuse will only put our lives n danger. There are no good results we can get from it. We should not think that this can solve whatever issues we have in lives because the truth is that it will just ruin us. The following are the negative effects one can get when under drug abuse.
1. Harmful effects to different body parts – excessive use of drugs always has negative effects in our system. This can be immediately felt or manifests itself in the long run. Either way one should never think of doing it because it puts our health in danger and if we are not that healthy we cannot work or study and our whole life will be affected.
2. Give us the wrong notion that our problems will be solved – some of us have the thinking that our burdens will disappear when we abuse drugs. But this is just a big lie. The truth is our problems will just be bigger until we don’t know what the right thing to do. Instead of abusing drugs, one should face his challenges courageously and full of hope.
3. Makes us do things we will just regret in the end – a lot of crimes nowadays are done by people who are under the influence of drugs. Murder, stealing, and sexual assault are usually committed by individuals who tend to abuse drugs. The common explanation is they don’t know what happens or they are out of their mind. Surely, we don’t want ourselves to be behind bars because of drug abuse.
4. Affects the way people see these drug abusers – once people knew that you are a drug addict, you will be quickly judged, and your life will be negatively affected by your work when you are a professional or your studies when you are a student. We don’t want people always talking bad things about us because this will always result in a fight. We will feel that the world is always looking on us. A feeling of discomfort, pain, and sadness will be felt.
5. Our body becomes dependent on these drugs – abusing drugs make our lives dependent on it. Instead of depending on our loved ones or friends or other health professionals, drug addicts always tend to use drugs and use it abusively. They think and feel that these drugs are the only thing that can help them where in fact there a lot of other ways to deal with their problems. Instead of being dependent on this stuff, one should realize that this will only bring them harm not only physically but also mentally and emotionally.
Knowing the negative effects of drug abuse makes us decide to get away from it. It’s like a trap in our lives that can destroy our lives if not properly dealt with. If one is already under drug abuse, he/she should immediately seek advice from health experts for medication and treatment. Furthermore, learning the harmful effects of drug abuse will make us choose a life that is free from it.
So how do you prevent it from influencing you into drug abuse? You should learn how to stay strong with your decision whenever you are pressured by your peers into joining their group and become one of them, particularly from groups that you know are into substance abuse. Peer pressure is the most common reason for the young adults to get into drug abuse because they don’t want to be left out of the group. This happens among adults, too, but more common among teens and adolescents.
Pressures with living situations also trigger drug abuse as well. Many of those that have experienced life pressure resort to drug abuse because it gives them this sense of reward from a job well done. However, whenever you find yourself in this kind of situation, the least is that you are aware and that you can avert your attention away to better activities that don’t make you regret it later on. Find activities that will make you enjoy life even more such as drawing, reading good books, volunteer, etc.